Virginia Military Law Attorney Firm Overview Attorney Profile Rates Contact our Law Firm
Military Law
Military Law Center
Security Clearance Law Center
Admin Separation/Discharge/BOI
Criminal Defense
Courts Martial Defense
NJP/Art 15 Defense/Appeals
Discharge Upgrade/Military Records
Presidential Pardon for Federal/Military Conviction
Click here for a Case Evaluation
Contact Us

5701 Princess Anne Rd, Suite G; Virginia Beach, VA 23462

Rick Morris, a Military Administrative Discharge Lawyer who will Aggressively Fight for your Career and discharge.

Richard (Rick) Morris - A Military Criminal Defense Attorney with over 22 years of military experience as both an enlisted Legalman Chief Petty Officer (E-7) and retired as an Officer in the military JAG community as a Navy LDO Law has conducted hundreds of military discharge boards throughout his military career and as a civilian.
All Military service members have the RIGHT to obtain their own civilian counsel to represent them in their courts-martial. When your career is on the line you need a military criminal defense lawyer with experience to help protect your rights and your military career.
Rick Morris will Aggressively fight for your military career and retirement. Rick Morris is retired from the U.S. Navy and isn't worried about getting promoted or offending a superior officer - Rick Morris will use the full force of all his experience and fight to Aggressively Protect your Rights!
You have the RIGHT to fight your military administrative discharge. Talk to Rick Morris, a Military Administrative Discharge Lawyer who can help protect your rights and possibly your military career. Fight for your discharge characterization of service - it can affect the course of your life.What is an Administrative Separation from the military service
Administrative Separation is a general term that includes discharge, release from active duty, and release from custody and control of the military services. Many times this is due to alleged misconduct on the military service member. An Administrative Separation is not considered a "Punitive Discharge" however it has many negative consequences that can affect the rest of your life.,
There are four types of discharge characterization for administrative separations: honorable, general under honorable conditions, other than honorable, and entry level separation. The type and characterization of the separation received may affect your GI Bill, veteran's benefits, future enlistment in another branch of government, obtaining a security clearance, or government or civilian employment.
To receive an honorable discharge, a service member must have received a rating from good to excellent for their service. Service members who meet or exceed the required standards of duty performance and personal conduct, and who complete their tours of duty, normally receive honorable discharges.
General (Under Honorable Conditions)
General discharges are given to service members whose performance is satisfactory but is marked by a considerable departure in duty performance and conduct expected of military members. Reasons for such a characterization of service can vary, but usually are preceded by some form of punishment either through nonjudicial punishment or courts-martial. A commander must disclose the reasons for the discharge action in writing to the service member, and must explain reasons for recommending the service be characterized as General (Under Honorable Conditions). The service member is normally required to sign a statement acknowledging receipt and understanding of the notification of pending discharge memorandum. They are also advised of the right to seek counsel and present supporting statements.
Other Than Honorable (OTH)
An OTH is the most severe form of administrative discharge. This type of discharge represents a serious departure from the conduct and performance expected of all military members. Service Members facing an OTH are guaranteed the right to have their discharge heard by an administrative discharge board, which is similar to a court-martial but is not a public forum. You have the right to have an attorney represent your interests and fight for your military career.
Recipients of OTH discharges are barred from reenlisting into any component of the Armed Forces (including the reserves). In addition, the majority of veterans' benefits are not available to service members who receive an other than honorable discharge, which includes the Montgomery GI Bill, Post 9-11 GI Bill, and (in most cases) VA healthcare benefits.
What should I do if I'm being processed for Administrative Separation
When you are notified that you are being processed for administrative separation, you have a right to consult with counsel and you SHOULD CONSULT AN ATTORNEY to determine your rights. You may have the right to request an administrative separation board, which is a hearing to fight the separation or characterization, or the right to request review of the decision to process you for separation. YOU CAN FIGHT THE ADMINISTRATIVE SEPARATION and you may FIGHT TO HAVE AN HONORABLE CHARACTERIZATION OF DISCHARGE.

Contact Rick Morris, a military discharge lawyer to fight for your career.

Military Discounts for Active, Retired, Reserve, Dependant
View our videos on  military law
Click here to see our blog

Attorney Web Design